IDALA Grant Program
The 2018 Grant Cycle has closed.
Information about 2019's grant applications will be available early next year.
Schools and school districts located within the area served by IDALA are eligible to apply. IDALA serves Los Angeles, Ventura, Santa Barbara, and Kern Counties in the state of California. Grant recipients may apply only once within a period of two academic years.
IDALA Grant Program Priorities
The International Dyslexia Association, Los Angeles (IDALA) Grant Program seeks to award grants up to $7,500 in order to support schools and/or school districts in implementing programs that meet the organization’s priorities:
- Priority 1: Promote the sustainable use of effective academic, social, and intervention programs for individuals with dyslexia.
- Priority 2: Raise awareness and understanding of dyslexia in all settings (school, home, clinical, community) in order to support individuals with dyslexia, their families, and professionals.
Applications will be evaluated based on:
- Completion of all sections
- Alignment of application with IDALA priorities 1 and/or 2
- Capacity for scaling to sustainability without additional funding
Acceptance and participation in the grant program will be at the sole discretion of the IDALA Grant Program Committee with approval from IDALA's Executive Board. Grant recipients may apply only once within a period of two academic years.