Wilson Reading System®
15 hr (Three days)
9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
EARLY- BIRD TUITION:
(by 6/4) $509
(after 6/4) $559
Wilson Reading System® (WRS) Introductory Workshops
This 15-hour workshop provides an overview of the Wilson Reading System curriculum and serves as the prerequisite for WRS Level I certification. One graduate credit (optional) is available through Fitchburg State University, Fitchburg, MA.
At the completion of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Define dyslexia and describe common characteristics
- Explain the process of identifying appropriate students and placing them in WRS
- Understand WRS principles of instruction: explicit, sequential, and cumulative instruction; multisensory instruction, repetition, and feedback
- Create a learning environment, prepare a lesson plan, and practice techniques
Note: Introductory Workshop (completed within the last five years) serves as the prerequisite for Wilson Academy® / Intensive Learning Community Membership and WRS Level I Certification. WRS Level I Certification is offered to individuals at various locations across the country. Sites are offered based on trainer availability. To check if a site is available in your area, visit the WRS Level I Certification for Individuals webpage. (Wilson reserves the right to add or close locations at any time.)
• Pre-registration is required.
• Tuition includes continental breakfast and workshop handouts
(Oxford, MA workshops also include lunch).
• A confirmation email will be sent with directions and specific details.
• Payment is due at the time of registration.
• Payment is refundable up to 14 days prior to the event date, less a $25 processing fee.
While we make every effort to conduct professional learning events on the dates and locations advertised, they are subject to change without prior notice. WLT reserves the right to change or cancel a professional learning event due to low enrollment or factors beyond our control. We will attempt to notify registrants to limit customer inconvenience but we are not liable for any expenses incurred.
For further details or questions please contact our customer service center at 800-899-8454 or 508-368-2399 or visit www.wilsonlanguage.com.